One of the greatest sports weekends of the year is here, and while it may be tempting to dig into all of the greasy, tasty snack food placed in front of you, you may be left with more regret than the people who pick Villanova as their champion last year only to watch them lose to NC State in the second round.
Instead, gorging and eating junk, try these Oven Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders. They will satisfy your cravings and leave you feeling light and healthy! They are gluten free, dairy free and damn delicious!
Crispy Cheesy Chicken Tender Recipe
2 pounds Chicken Tenders
4 Eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups Almond Garlic Cheese (I like Lisanatti Garlic-Herb Style!)
1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Dried Thyme
3 teaspoons Dried Basil
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Paprika
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil. Set aside.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix the eggs.
4. Shred cheese.
5. Place cheese, almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, basil, salt, pepper, and paprika in a large mixing bowl and combine.
6. One by one, dip the chicken tenders in the egg mixture, then dip it in the flour and powder mixture.
7. Place the tenders on the baking sheet and cook for 40 minutes.
8. Serve with unsweetened ketchup